If you’re in the market for a scooter or moped, you might be curious about the cost of insurance. The insurance expense for these vehicles is influenced by factors similar to those that affect motorcycle insurance costs. However, it’s worth noting that maintaining, fueling, and insuring scooters and mopeds generally tend to be less expensive compared to motorcycles.
Average Cost of Scooter/Moped Insurance:
The cost of insuring your scooter or moped can vary based on several factors, including:
- Vehicle Details: Year, make, and model of the scooter/moped.
- Engine Size: Engine displacement plays a role in determining insurance rates.
- Coverage Levels: The coverage limits and deductibles you choose will affect costs.
- Mileage: Your estimated weekly mileage on the vehicle.
- Anti-Theft Devices: If your vehicle is equipped with anti-theft devices, it may lower your rates.
- Location: The area where you live can impact insurance rates.
- Riding Experience: Your experience and riding history will be considered.
Scooter/Moped Insurance Discounts:
Insurers offer a variety of discounts for scooter and moped insurance, which may include:
- Multi-Vehicle Discount: Insuring multiple vehicles can lead to savings.
- Multi-Policy Discount: Bundling your scooter/moped insurance with other policies may result in discounts.
- Safety Course Discount: Completing a moped or scooter safety course can make you eligible for discounts.
- Motorcycle Discount: If you also own and insure a motorcycle, you might qualify for additional savings.
Getting a Quote:
The most accurate way to determine the cost of your scooter/moped insurance is to get a quote. You can get a free quote by calling or visiting your scooter insurer’s website.
Insuring Your Recreational Vehicles:
Insurers offer insurance coverage for a variety of recreational vehicles, including motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, boats, jet skis, golf carts, RVs, and even Segways. Insuring multiple vehicles with the same insurer may also qualify you for discounts.